Due to a long business trips I had no time to update my site. I have written some posts in Czech… and now for something completely different – English update..
So… here it is.
Plants are growing just fine. I am trying to do a regular changes of water and from time I measure water parameters. As I wrote before, some new species are making me happy. But more on that topic later in a new post. I have uncovered my glass cover a bit more to lower humidity and for better air circulation. Some of my plants really resemble submersed condition. It is time to toughen up!
Cryptocoryne spiralis (April 2014)
Cryptocoryne albida (April 2014)
Oh, and I nearly forgot… My C. wendtii ‘Green Gecko‘ got nice reddish pattern on leaves also in an emersed form.
Cryptocoryne wendtii ‘Green Gecko‘ (April 2014)
In emersed form it is not that beautiful, but I added more light. I am looking forward to see how it changes.
Since January it grew a lot. Hoping to see a spathe next summer.
Cryptocoryne albida (emersed) Oct 17 2013
Cryptocoryne albida (emersed) Jan 16 2013
Here it was in my emersed window setup.
I have Cryptocoryne albida (or C. costata if you prefer) for some time. It grew quite big, but since I neglected my tanks during summer it was nothing fancy. Recently I have started to add CO2 and PMDD again and the results came quite quickly. New leaves are turning red/brown and the plant became huge.
It is placed in my tank “Metamorphoses“.
Cryptocoryne albida (submersed) Oct 17 2013 (1)
Cryptocoryne albida (submersed) Oct 17 2013 (2 – detail)