Another recent addition to my slowly growing collection. In comparison to the C. auriculata, It was in emersed form, but It was smaller. It is growing much faster and right now It would have 6-7 leaves.
It was labeled as “Golden ring” ´Bukit Ibam´, but I found out that the other websites rather use the name “Yellow ring”.
Again, substrate is a mix of beech leaves and Seramis. So far seems fine to me.
Cryptocoryne sp. “Yellow ring” ´Bukit Ibam´(April 2014)
Cryptocoryne sp. “Yellow ring” ´Bukit Ibam´(May 2014)
I got this Cryptocoryne in March/April. It was in submersed condition and had a nice pattern – Tiger stripes as the label said. Soon after it converted to emersed form it lost these stripes. But I am still waiting when the plant grows larger, so who knows.
Cryptocoryne auriculata “Tiger Stripes” ´Julau´ (April 2014)
Cryptocoryne auriculata “Tiger Stripes” ´Julau´ (May 2014)
Substrate is a mix of beech leaves and Seramis.
It was my first blackwater Cryptocoryne. Although I’ve read it was easy to grow, I was a little bit worried. I got in a submersed form but It converted quite fast. Now It fills one pot (approx. 8cm in diameter) and in another one it is starting to thrive too. As I wrote in previous post, I have it in a pH about 4,5 and EC approx. 350 μS/cm and substrate – beech leaves.
Sorry for a dirty pot. I have realized how the pot is dirty after taking a photo and during editing the images.
Crptocoryne minima (April 2014)